Have you ever wished you could pull out your PSP (or soon, PSPgo) and have a number of classic Capcom arcade titles right there without going through the headache of having to modify it in anyway? Starting tomorrow, you can get your Capcom arcade classic fix when Capcom Classic Collection is released on the Playstation Network. The Capcom Classic Collection has a a pretty fair number of good Capcom titles, including Final Fight, Bionic Commando, and Street Fighter (yes, the original!). The title will be made available tomorrow and will be playable on the PSP.
Additionally, Capcom also announced classic PSone titles will be making their way to the PSN. Which titles you may ask? Well, hit the jump and your question will be answered. (hint: a Resident Evil game is one of them)
- Capcom Classics Collection Remixed (UMD Legacy)
- Mega Man Powered Up (UMD Legacy)
- Dino Crisis (PlayStation Legacy)
- Power Stone Collection (UMD Legacy)
- Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (UMD Legacy)
- Resident Evil 2 (PlayStation Legacy)
- Darkstalkers (UMD Legacy)
- Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max (UMD Legacy)
- Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PlayStation Legacy)
- Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded (UMD Legacy)
This seems like another tick in the ‘UMD-based PSP going under’ column. As much as Sony states they won’t stop supporting the PSPs with UMD drives, it seems like more and more developers are jumping aboard the digital distribution train. It’s an obvious choice to support digital downloads as it will probably save developers and publishers a ton of money as they won’t need to ship numerous game boxes to retailers. I personally love the idea of having another reason never to go to another retail store to buy games. But, this idea might make me much poorer than I would like as it’s a lot more tempting when a game is available to download rather than in a store. Click on a simple “BUY NOW” button takes a lot less thought than visiting a game store.