It’s been a bit buggy of late, but Treyarch has finally released their latest patch (1.05) to Call of Duty: Black Ops and just in time. While some may notice their games a bit less glitchy, the Host Migration is still an issue for some and I’ve seen it first hand. For those of your having problems with your NAT Type, they’ve enabled UPNP. Those days of opening ports on your router are hopefully over.
Read the rest of the “enhancements” below:
The list can go on with everything that’s wrong with the game but Treyarch must be doing something right… people keep on playing Black Ops buggy and all.
- • Addressing a freeze that would occur in rare situations involving a combination of high player counts and many killstreaks / explosions occurring simultaneously in a concentrated area
- • Further improvements to party reliability to address an issue where mixed NAT types connecting and disconnecting can cause players to drop in some situations
- • Investigating “infinite loading screen” issue reported by some users
12/22 (full patch 1.05)
- • Improved party reliability when leaving with party – an additional step in an ongoing series of party improvements continued in the next patch
- • Improved UPnP functionality – further expands the game’s capability to open NATs on routers with universal plug and play enabled
- • Enabled mute functionality in Playercards in the pre-game lobby
- • Enabled kick functionality in party and private match lobbies
- • Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would not always display properly when multiple players leave the lobby after a team split
• Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would appear stuck on the countdown timer while waiting to balance teams
This patch and previous ones are noted in the Call of Duty forum. Take a look at all the fixing up going on behind the scenes here.
What issues are you experiencing? Any of the ones mentioned above still giving you problems? Let us know below in the comments section.