Resistance 2 Collector’s vs GOW 2 Limited

With the announcement today of Resistance 2 being released November 4th we quickly looked at our “Release Calendars” and noticed another little game being released the same week.  That’s right you X360 lovers, Gears of Wars 2 is coming November 7th.  With both games having ‘Special Editions’, we try to break down both ‘Editions’ then ask you, the reader the following question.

[poll id=”5″]

Resistance 2 Collector’s Edition ($79.99)

• Copy of Resistance 2 with special edition cover artwork selected by the fans
  • An exclusive Chimeran Hybrid action figure with Bullseye, created by DC Unlimited
  • A double-sided hard-cover Resistance 2 art book covering war-torn America from two unique perspectives
  • Exclusive in-game HVAP Wraith multiplayer weapon skin

The collector’s edition also contains a bonus DVD that includes:

• Exclusive behind the scenes video, “America Forever Lost”, chronicling the making of Resistance 2
  • Digital copy of Issue #0 of the Resistance comic book series published by Wildstorm.
  • A preview into the upcoming Resistance novel, “Resistance: The Gathering Storm” by science fiction author William Dietz.
  • “Shattered History” Resistance timeline movie– providing a story overview from the earliest days of the Chimera invasion to the beginning of Resistance 2.

Gears of War 2: Limited Edition ($69.99)

• “Beneath the Surface: An Inside Look at Gears of War 2,” a 48-page hardbound book including character profiles, exclusive concept art, and foreword by Design Director Cliff Bleszinski
  • A Bonus DVD including exclusive making-of-the-game video footage, design galleries with audio commentary by Epic Games, and promotional videos including the E3 2008 trailer, “Rendezvous”
  • A Dominic and Maria Keepsake Photo
  • A Exclusive Xbox LIVE code to unlock a gold-plated Lancer Assault Rifle for online play
  • All in a Steel book DVD case
Related Posts with Thumbnails

21 responses to “Resistance 2 Collector’s vs GOW 2 Limited”

1. Special editions aside, I’m going with Gears 2 on this one.

Resistance 2 looks interesting, but not enough to
    wrangle $60 out of my hands…might just have to get
    it post-release on the cheap 🙂

2. Juan Perez says:

Dude, Co-op play on R2 will get me to buy it. And with co-op multiplayer….. it’s only that much sweeter! (it does come with multi- co-op, right?)

3. Ariel Otero says:

lol yea didn’t u write the other article about resistance shouldn’t u know lol funny stuff here, yea but I’m going for that resistance collectors edition shit is tight son

4. Juan Perez says:

@ Ariel, I’m trying to sell this thing. I fear the X360 fanboys once they catch wind of this poll!

5. Will Snizek says:

I’m surprised GOW2 is losing the poll so badly… at the same time, I wasn’t a fan of the original Gears, but so many people were.

6. Juan Perez says:

I told you guys a while back, the only GOW2, was God of War 2. With the PS3 hitting it’s peek this year, it’s no surprise that Resistance 2 is the more anticipated game.

7. Both games have online co-op, but!

Resistance 2 has 8-player vs. Gears’
    measly 2.

Still, I’m gonna have to go Gears and
    probably half.com Resistance 2 down
    the line 🙂

I had tons of fun with the first Gears and
    Resistance, from the little I played of it,
    bored me to tears…

8. Will Snizek says:

my problem with Gears was the goofy running and odd combat angles. It just never sat well with me.

9. Ariel Otero says:

@ juan(seems people do this a lot it seems fun) so your trying to sell a SONY game huh ummm how much u get paid by SONY????

10. Juan Perez says:

oh, not that much my stock in Sony is all that matters

11. Ariel Otero says:

oh that makes sense stock is always good , look at the 1920’s sure was a good investment

12. Al Towers says:

Gears was one of the most boring games I played back in ’06. I wound up selling it back to Gamestop two weeks after I bought it. I’ll be damned if I get duped a second time.

13. Joe says:

Gears of war 1 was allright and the second one will be the same. I’m excited to see all the new weapons in resistance 2 and to try out the eight player co-op/60 player multiplayer.

14. Holden says:

This is totally ridiculous. This is a super PS3 fanboy site and its almost repulsive how much so. The Gears of War 2 collectors edition comes with more stuff, it comes in a metal case, and its only $69.99. The writer of this article also barely states that it is $10 cheaper, which is a very significant amount.

15. Holden says:

I also love how all the PS3 fanboys are always on the forums instead of actually playing their PS3 eh?

16. wasim says:

Resistance 2 kills xbox 360

17. Will Snizek says:

@Holden: We’re nowhere close to being a PS3 fanboy site or fanboy site of any system. We love and hate all systems. Just because most of us don’t really like Gears doesn’t mean we’re fanboys of some kind (one of our writers prefers the Gears package). With your statements, I can assume you are the fanboy. I also don’t see why he’d have to hype up the $10 price difference. It was mentioned above.

18. Jesper Sellerberg says:

i don’t even own a playstation3

19. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed!
    Extremely useful information specially the last part 🙂 I care for such info much.
    I was seeking this particular info for a very long time.

Thank you and best of luck.