I’m a music lover, and I loved games like Amplitude and Guitar Hero when they FIRST were released. But averaging 4 games a year is getting ridiculous!
Guitar Hero’s strategy of changing their titles instead of giving their titles a number is an annoying strategy for us the gamer. No one cares that you’re coming out with the “Greatest Hits For 2009″ or the fact that there’s a WEEKLY set of Downloadble Content (DLC). I’ve supported Activision for their previous releases, and I know this Franchise is a money maker, but Just End it already. In 4 years, there have been 15 different versions of Guitar Hero. And many of you crave for more?
So let’s take a look at this. 15 Different iterations of Guitar Hero, PLUS Hundreds of Downloadable Content. No one sees a problem with this? To my knowledge no other developer has come close to 15 titles within the 4 year mark, Pokemon included! Looking back, I too was pulled into the Guitar Hero hype, I bought the guitars, decked them out with dope stickers and got a tattoo… ok I lied about the tat, but everything else is the truthness.
- 2005 Guitar Hero
- 2006 Guitar Hero II
- 2007 Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
- 2008 Guitar Hero World Tour
- 2007 Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s
- 2008 Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
- 2009 Guitar Hero: Metallica
- TBA Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits
- 2007 Guitar Hero Carabiner
- 2007 Guitar Hero III Mobile
- 2008 Guitar Hero: On Tour
- 2008 Guitar Hero III Backstage Pass
- 2008 Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades
- 2008 Guitar Hero World Tour Mobile
- TBA Guitar Hero Modern Hits
Before I finish my rant on a Franchise striking rich while the rest of the world struggles financially, what do you think? Do you feel that Activision is just a squirrel trying to get a nut? Or The Rich staying Richer, while the Po stay Po’er?
We’re not ALL falling for your Jedi Mind Tricks Activsion. Of course you can pass. I don’t need to see your papers. Move Along… Move Along!