LucasArts today announced that its highly anticipated videogame Star Wars®: The Force Unleashed™ will be released on September 16, 2008 in the United States, September 17 in Southeast Asia and Australia, and September 19 in Europe. Catch some exclusive footage on SpikeTV.
“Reflecting its status as an exciting new part of the Star Wars Saga, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will be featured throughout Spike TV’s weekend events. Viewers will see special Star Wars: The Force Unleashed segments, each with an exclusive announcement or new gameplay footage, at the following times on Spike TV:
* April 6 at 7:58 p.m. ET/PT – between the premiere of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
* April 11 at 10:52 p.m. ET/PT – At the end of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
* April 12 at 12:00 a.m. ET/PT – throughout an episode of GameTrailers TV with Geoff Keighley filmed at LucasArts’ headquarters in San Francisco
* April 12 at 5:06 p.m. ET/PT – before Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
* April 13 at 5:06 p.m. ET/PT – before Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
“With the airing of all six Star Wars movies and a first-hand look at Star Wars: The Force Unleashed we’re confident that April will be a memorable month for Star Wars fans,” said Robert Friedman, Senior Vice-President of Programming, Spike TV. “Our dedication to entertainment and video games makes our relationship with LucasArts an exciting opportunity to take part first-hand in Star Wars history as well as give our viewers an insider’s look at the future of the franchise.””
“An entirely new chapter in the Star Wars Saga, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed casts players as Darth Vader’s “Secret Apprentice” and promises to unveil new revelations about the Star Wars galaxy. The game’s expansive story is set during the largely unexplored era between Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. In it, players will assist Vader in his quest to rid the universe of Jedi – and face decisions that could change the course of their destiny.”
I know alot of people thought The Force Unleased was really Knights of the Old Republic 3, but it’s not. The KOTOR series will always have a place in Star Wars’ fan’s heart but with all the the attention The Force Unleashed will receive this game will start it’s own legendary status.
Expect to see a release also on the Wii, PS2, PSP, and Nintendo DS shortly after the Xbox and PS3 release.
Via Press Release